Friday, December 11

Blog Day Two, Electric Boogaloo

In late 2005, on the prowl for a creative outlet and inspired by Keri’s Blog, I started a blog of my own. One year later I "created" a holiday – Blog Day - a time to reflect and comment upon the year’s happenings. After that first Blog Day in 2006 laziness got the best of me. Each December 9th I would hit snooze on the iCal reminder that popped up, eventually blowing it off all together.


Since my last (slash first) Blog Day Post I have experienced many things. Most notable, of course, is that I am now a Married Man. Keri and I put a lot of time into planning our wedding, and everything turned out better than we hoped. And, I’m happy to report, Marriage really is Bliss. We’re at the beginning of an exciting new Life Chapter, and I’m eager to see where our path leads.

We also bought a house, which was exhilarating and scary all at the same time. I love home ownership, but there is always something that needs doing. And everything costs way more than I would have expected. But we found a house we like in a decent neighborhood, so we’re happy. We might not be there for the rest of our lives, but we’ll definitely be content for many years to come.

I have thankfully remained consistently employed. Work took me to Hawaii for three months, and back and forth to the OC on a fairly regular basis. I upgraded from an iBook to a MacBook, then again to a Macbook Pro. I discovered my love of making Time Lapse Videos and abandoned my Blackberry for my sweet sweet iPhone. And lets not forget all of the Live Music I've been able to see.

And now here we are, at the end of my fourth year as a blogger. It still holds a special place in my heart, but my zeal for posting has definitely waned. And I doubt I’ll ever match the volume of posts that I had that first year (235), but I suspect I’ll continue blogging for a long time. Oh blog, I heart you.

1 comment:

general fuzz said...

Happy blog day. You were clearly the inspiration for my bloggity tendencies.